Clarity is my absolute FAVORITE oil for concentration! A blend of stimulating oils, including peppermint and rosemary (which have been used for many years to promote mental sharpness), it is known for promoting a clear mind and alertness. A study performed by Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati found that inhaling peppermint oil increased the mental accuracy of students by 28 percent (!); that paired with the help of rosemary for memory retention makes Clarity the perfect blend for long days at the office, library, or lecture hall. This blend can also be used to help restore mental alertness or wakefulness when you are experiencing fatigue or drowsiness.
The scent is somewhat of an acquired taste to some (you can mix it with some extra peppermint to help if you are one of those people!), but I actually LOVE the smell as is. I have a full time job and teach yoga on the side, so I often get home in the evening drained from a full day of work at my “day job.” Clarity helps get me into the mindset I need to teach and tackle anything else I have going at the end of a busy day. I keep it in a roller bottle diluted with fractionated coconut oil. Just a little bit on my temples and the back of my neck helps to keep me focused and alert throughout my evening classes.
Clarity can be used:
Aromatically: Diffuse or inhale directly from the bottle to promote mental clarity and focus
Topically: Apply to the temples, wrists, back of the neck, or vitaflex points to promote focus and mental alertness
Here are my top 5 uses for Clarity:
1. Focus: Apply topically or diffuse at work to keep the mind focused and present during a long day at the office (Monday antidote, anyone??!)
2. Memory: Apply topically or diffuse while studying (rosemary, one of the single oils in this blend, is shown to help with memory retention while studying, while peppermint helps to keep energy levels up)
3. Alertness: Apply topically or diffuse in the car during long road trips to ensure you stay alert and focused for a safe trip
4. Combat Procrastination: Diffuse and apply to the temples or big toe to keep your mind on the task at hand and boost energy when you're wanting to put off that to-do list
5. Mind-Body Connection: Apply to the temples and vita flex points prior to working out to help maintain a true mind-body connection throughout the session
I like to share Clarity during my aromatherapy yoga classes, especially when we are focusing on the Crown or Third Eye Chakras, to promote an inward focus throughout the practice. See you on the mat!