oil spotlight: panaway
PanAway is one of the most loved oils among all of my yoga and fitness friends because it provides such great relief for sore muscles! It's called PanAway, but you could easily insert a letter “i,” and just think of it as “PainAway.”
PanAway is a super-popular essential oil blend used by many every day to reduce pain and inflammation associated with muscle soreness, cramps, and even chronic arthritis. It helps to reduce bruising and accelerate healing.
PanAway is comprised of these four individual oils:
Helichrysum - Provides anesthetic and analgesic properties.
Wintergreen - Supports reduction of inflammation.
Clove - Used in the dental industry for numbing.
Peppermint - Has powerful pain-blocking properties.
Here are my top 5 uses for PanAway:
1. Rub diluted PanAway to help muscles relax and repair. Dilute this blend with a carrier oil for broad coverage across the muscle in pain. PanAway can also be applied to the abdomen to ease menstrual cramps.
2. Apply diluted PanAway to reduce inflammation and bruising. Take care not to apply to broken skin.
3. For sciatic pain, apply 2-3 drops of PanAway essential oil blend directly to the base of the spine.
4. Apply PanAway essential oil directly to your temples, forehead and the back of the neck to relieve a headache.
5. Apply PanAway alone or mixed with Peppermint and Copaiba to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. This also helps with growing pains in children and teenagers!
I keep a roller bottle of PanAway in my purse, always handy for muscle soreness as well as the bumps, aches, and pains of everyday life. It’s good stuff.
I frequently share PanAway in my aromatherapy yoga classes to ease tension in the shoulders as we practice a flow filled with core-strengthening poses, arm balances, and inversions, which all work the shoulder girdle.
If you have any questions about PanAway, or any other essential oils in the amazing Premium Starter Kit (which includes this blend and 10 other versatile oils), please contact me!
Leave a Reply.